Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Interpretation of Feeling



I am a very emotionally and intuitively driven woman. I am almost unable to think of my wardrobe in a practical way. My feelings must always get involved. And my feelings? They are dreamers.

It is thought in hinduism that if we interpret oneself as a charioteer, the emotions would be the reins, the communicative device between the driver and his bodily powers (the horses). I am locked to objects. They enter my orbit even without my effort. They inspire me, they drive me, as though the physical world were a lover that I pursue. The emotions want everything, but the mind has to separate, bearing the responsibility of determining that which is worthy. How to interpret the feelings I project onto an object? Determining something's necessity is useless; philosophically, no object is necessary-particularly when we speak of fashion.

I do my best to seek clothing that feels like a home, a place to channel my natural creativity. The tricky part is suppressing an overbearing impulsive tendency. This is where the mind comes in, questioning my feelings. And how it hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment